Ontario EMR Adoption Funding
The EMR Adoption Program is intended to increase the number of Ontario physicians who use certified electronic medical records (EMR) applications in their practices. OntarioMD Inc. manages the New EMR Adopter Funding provided by eHealth Ontario. Refer to OntarioMD funding web pages for details about this program.
- OSCAR McMaster™ is a certified EMR solution as required for this funding and is classified as a "Local EMR Product" when it is run at your clinic.
- Funding includes both one-time payments and monthly subsidies to support physicians with associated costs incurred over a 3-year period
- Total funding per participating physician is $27,100 over 3 years. So for 5 physicians this would amount to $135,500 over 3 years
- Groups of family physicians and specialists can apply.
- NEW: Solo practitioners can now apply too.
- At least 50% of the physicians in the group must use the new EMR system.
- Only one EMR solution can be used by the clinic
- The site must have a backup server in addition to the production server.
- One or more UPS (Uninterruptable Power Supply) units must provide backup electrical power to network routers, the servers, and mission critical workstations.
- External access to the EMR must use secure technology to connect to a Static IP port. A firewall must be configured to protect the local machines from inappropriate external access.
- The site must have a signed install and service contract with a service provider approved for the specific EMR solution. This service contract must be in place for the 3-year funding period. (CanEMR is approved service provider for OSCAR McMaster.)
- In addition to EMR funding, the program also includes transition support services to assist physician practices in the necessary organizational changes when advancing information technology. These services are provided by OntarioMD at no cost to program participants
- We can assist you in understanding and completing your funding application. Just click on this link to contact us.